We're Happy You're Here!
SVC is very excited about your interest in our Membership. We strive to create opportunities for leadership, develop habits of active citizenship and social development, and empower students to enrich their daily lives through civic engagement. SVC provides the Texas State community with educational and social opportunities that bring awareness to diverse and multicultural relationships through acts of service.
Below are the three qualifications you must meet before becoming a member of Student Volunteer Connection:
- Be in good standing with the University
- Be enrolled full-time (12 hours for undergraduates and 9 hours for graduates)
- Submit the Online Membership Form.
How to get involved?
The first step is the completion of this membership form. We are looking for students interested in becoming Active Citizens. Being an Active Citizen with SVC means serving the community, meeting new people, and creating great memories all while having fun in the process.
- To contribute an overall greater impact in the community through high impact community service events
- To increase the number of volunteers at SVC and Student Involvement events
- To develop selfless service in Texas State students
- To provide members with a community while at Texas State University
- Attend bi-weekly meetings
- Pay dues - $15/semester
- *Covers socials and includes the SVC Fall Membership Retreat
- Contact email@example.com with questions about how to pay membership dues.
- Must complete a minimum of six (6) community service hours each semester
- May include attending a BAK in Service event
- If all hours are not completed, member will not be able to attend the SVC Banquet
- Must attend at least one (1) BAK in Service event and (1) Tabling event.